I (Krista) left the house and Internet for about an hour, and in that time Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov were suspended for Game 3 against the Phoenix Coyotes. When I checked Twitter, I shook my head when it wasn’t due to a game violation, but a violation of “team rules.” Sources say that they were spotted in Scottsdale in the wee hours of the morning before the game.
Boston fans are familiar with that situation – remember Tyler Seguin sleeping in and missing the team breakfast? (Ugh, yes–the only good thing that came of that? All the funny memes people made of him sitting forlornly in the press box.)
Well, we wondered if they tried to talk their way out of their hot mess by using any of the following excuses:
- They were partying with John McCain, noted Coyotes supporter
- Since Paul Bissonnette doesn’t play that much, they were hanging out with him
- They wanted to make Raffi Torres feel better about his suspension
- They were spotted in Scottsdale because they’d went to Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix and were walking off the Bases Loaded Big Unit hot dogs they ate there
- Speaking of Alice Cooper, they were helping him rehearse his road show
- They heard about all the shopping opportunities in Scottsdale and wanted to hit the early bird sales
You know, when I (Emma) was watching Game 2 of the Predators vs. the Coyotes at my dad’s house, I recall Keith Jones going absolutely HAM on Radulov during one of the intermissions. He was merciless! Considering Radulov was seen out in the wee hours on the day before Game 2, maybe that’s why he didn’t perform so well.
Both of these guys are top six forwards for a team that is currently down two-nothing in their series against a Phoenix squad that means business. Will they be able to change the tone of the series in Game 3? Will they bring Seguin in to do a scared straight about not breaking curfew? (That’s not a purely original joke; I read that on Twitter somewhere…) Questions will become answers.