New York Rangers at New Jersey Devils
4-1 Devils, series tied 2-2
Goals: Bryce Salvador, Zach Parise and Travis Zajac (New Jersey), Ruslan Fedotenko (New York), Zach Parise with the ENG (New Jersey)
Goalies: Martin Brodeur (28/29, .966); Henrik Lundqvist (26/29, .897)
– The Devils began with a beautiful offensive rush to keep the Rangers on their toes.
– Bryce Salvador got a slap shot past Henrik Lundqvist to put the Devils on the board.
– Oooh look! Our first fight in this series, starring Ryan McDonagh and Adam Henrique:
– Travis Zajac had a one-timer from Zach Parise which put the Devils up 2-0.
– This is the part of the game where I went on Twitter and asked Devils fan Kevin Smith (he of Jay and Silent Bob fame) to teach me the goal song of his people.
– The Devils’ forechecking was messing with the Rangers AGAIN.
– Parise got the rebound behind Lundqvist after Ilya Kovalchuk got the puck from Henrique, who won the faceoff on the power play.
Mike Rupp shoved Martin Brodeur for no apparent reason and got a double minor and a misconduct.
– Later, coach John Tortorella would call that a legal hit. Tell me, O Wise and Mystical Hockey Coach, how an unprovoked shove is considered legal.
– Ruslan Fedotenko scored long on Brodeur’s stick side to take away the shutout. It was his first playoff goal.
– Parise got the ENG from down the ice to make it 4-1 Devils. Brodeur got an assist, his fourth of the playoffs.
– Hey, Tortorella actually held a decent press conference! Four and a half minutes long, and he talked to reporters! ZOMG!
at New York Rangers
NBC Sports Network
Grab your popcorn, folks, this is getting good.